Sales to external contractors – ALGOMA
Soo Mill and Lumber Company Limited
Location: Sault Ste. Mary, Ontario
We are currently looking for a Sales Associate to join our Contractor Sales Division.
This position reports directly to the General Manager, Sales of our Sault Ste. Location Mary. This position is a key part of our commercial sales team and therefore a close working relationship with our contractors is essential. The selected candidate will be offered an opportunity for individual growth as well as the strengthening of their team effectiveness skills.
responsibilities and duties
• Provide sales services to contractors – coordinate contractor orders as to delivery, stock status, etc. and answer questions regarding installation, substitutes, return of surplus material
• Interpret customer blueprints, drawings or sketches to prepare quotes. Prepare estimates and proposals. Present to customer
• Receive and accept regular customer orders, verify the accuracy of information regarding quantities of material, delivery data, etc.
• Prepare sales invoices for cash or credit sales and arrange for delivery. Receive all delivery notes, assess everyone’s needs, check discrepancies and organize delivery
• Maintain working files and correspondence on active and completed projects. Ensure an accurate record of sales
• Visit job sites to determine customer needs, assess concerns or requests. Attend offsite meetings
• Provide front line support to the customer service desk as needed
• Extensive travel required in Algoma District and Marathon/Manitouwadge area
Qualifications and skills
• Minimum of three (3) years of sales experience in a relevant industry
• Strong knowledge of commercial and residential building construction. Ability to interpret the Ontario Building Code
• Estimating experience required. Experience or ability to learn estimating software
• Possess a solid understanding of how to read and interpret blueprints
• Knowledge of all types of building materials
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Client focused and results driven
• Superior math skills
Learn more about the position
• Salary to start scaling to commission once established
• Paid vacation, retirement, benefits, store discount
• Supportive and inclusive work environment
• We are looking for people who have excellent organizational and time management skills, who work well independently and as part of a team, and who enjoy professional customer service.
If you are interested in building a career with our company, please send your cover letter and CV, with the position for which you are applying identified in the subject line, before July 8, 2022 to:
Lucy De Summa
Human Resources Director
539 Great North Road
Sault Ste. Mary, Ontario
All applications are appreciated, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent on a satisfactory response to a criminal record search. Soo Mill can provide disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process. Please indicate if you require accommodations when contacted for an interview.