Sopha is looking for a Retail Sales & Marketing Associate to help with the day-to-day operation and growth of our family-run independent furniture store. This is a new position that would be ideal for someone with training or experience in marketing and digital media. The position is suitable for a sympathetic person with excellent communication skills in person, over the phone and online – written communication is essential. You may have just graduated from university or you may have held similar positions in the past. There will be a lot of variation in the day-to-day life of the successful candidate; Being a small business, every team member contributes, whether the shop is busy with customers, the doorbell rings with deliveries, or the coffee needs a helping hand during a peak period. We are a tight-knit team who take pride in our work and the store’s philosophy is to be an ethical retailer with a view to changing the furniture industry for the long term; sustainability is important to us! If you are someone who enjoys meeting a lot of different people, who is up for a challenge when things don’t quite go to plan, and who has a passion for connecting with clients and working to get things done. our small start-up business, we would love to hear from you.
Interviews will take place from January 17 to 20.
- Social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Knowledge of what makes a good article on each site.
- People skills – you will represent Sopha while speaking to our clients and using your knowledge to inspire them in making decisions for their home.
- General physical condition – this role will include moving furniture around the store.
- Attention to detail.
- Relevant computer skills
- Self-organization and ability to take initiatives
- Flexibility and adaptability; this role includes weekend work and you may be required to cover staff illnesses
- A desire to work within our small team
Additional skills may include:
- Basic web development and / or website management
- Graphic design
- Videography or video editing.
responsibilities and duties
- Create engaging content to attract new and potential customers.
- Regular posting to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to inform customers of new products, offers and events.
- Regularly publish news articles and blog posts on our website.
- Launch a new engaging email newsletter to distribute to our existing subscriber list.
- Engage with our customers through a variety of platforms, including responding to comments and posts.
- Create a marketing calendar and liaise with the rest of the team to ensure posts remain relevant and brand consistent.
- A willingness to explore new forms of digital media and help the rest of the team move the business forward.
- Oversee the display of products on the website, including photography and SEO.
- Download new products and lines, including writing descriptions for each and photographing fabric samples.
- Adjust stock levels to ensure the website reflects what is in the store / warehouse.
- Price adjustment in the event of a price change.
- Online web order processing.
- Monitoring of web chat function to answer all questions online.
- Use your skills and experience to help us better serve our customers and expand our reach to new and potential customers, including helping to develop the Sopha brand in new and existing spaces.
- Work with our graphic designers and web developers as well as our marketing agency to achieve the most profitable ROI.
- Acquisition of services and equipment to help you in your role.
Sales and customer service:
- Serve customers; we love to make sure that all of our customers are welcomed and feel welcome in our store.
- Creation of orders and collection of payments.
- Demonstrate product knowledge to customers in-store and through our digital platforms. Training will be provided to enable you to acquire knowledge of mattress padding, furniture construction and delivery times.
- Tracking and tracking of customer orders, including entering order acknowledgments, checking for updates from our suppliers, and booking deliveries, both from manufacturers and to customers.
- Digitization and classification of invoices.
- Locked up at the end of the day.
- Keeping the store clean and tidy for our customers, including vacuuming, cleaning and cleaning glass in staff and customer areas.
- Receipt of deliveries.
- Respond to phone questions, messages, web chats and emails.
As we are a small team, these responsibilities and tasks will adapt to the skills and strengths of the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please contact Sopha directly and download the application form from their website.