Hello everyone ! I’m here with your Tuesday edition of the Healdsburg Daily, full of all the community news you need to know right now. Today you will read about:
- A great weekend for Healdsburg Policeincluding a stabbing and a rowdy inmate
- A series of “design dialogues” about the future of Healdsburg developmentfrom tonight
- The last on the electric bike sharing proposed program downtown
- And more…
But first, your daily weather forecast:
- Tuesday: Clouds turning into the sun. High: 83 Low: 52.
- Wednesday: Rather sunny and windy. High: 85 Low: 52.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Thinking of installing a fire resistant metal roof or siding for your home? Metal Roof Company has been specializing in metal roofing and wall panels in the North Bay area for nearly 30 years. They work with homeowners, architects and general contractors on everything from single family homes to commercial installations and take pride in getting the job done right. To view a gallery of projects or to learn more, visit Metal Roof Company today or email email@example.com.
- Looking to rent in the Healdsburg area? Stacey Bernd of Healdsburg & Artisan Sotheby’s International has lived in Sonoma Co. for 48 years and worked in real estate for 30. She knows the market like only a local can. Thinking of listing a property for rent? She can help with that too. Contact Stacey and work with the best in Healdsburg.
- Healdsburg Gardeners and Plant Enthusiasts: Need Help Growing Your Garden? Thrive Hydroponics and Garden Supply is a full service family gardening store with over 15 years of experience helping people take care of their plants. Whether you’re a first-time grower or an experienced greenhouse grower, they have the right supplies and expert knowledge to help your garden thrive, including a variety of soils at the best prices. Visit them here today to learn more and mention Patch for 25% off.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are the top 3 stories in Healdsburg today:
- Just days after Healdsburg police said a young woman attacked a downtown officer, another a local policeman allegedly got into embarrassment while driving an alleged public masturbator at the station early on Sunday evening. Here is the full police announcement: “On Sunday, September 25 at approximately 6:20 p.m., police received a report of a subject masturbating in public outside a business in the 100 block of Healdsburg Avenue. Officers contacted the individual and placed him under arrest on suspicion of indecent assault. After being placed in a patrol car, the suspect began kicking inside the patrol vehicle While being transported to the Sonoma County Jail, the suspect punctured the bulkhead between the front and rear seats of the vehicle in kicking him and began to spit on the transport officer in addition to reprimanding him with profanities and threatening to kill him. The officer was able to bring the suspect safely to the Sonoma County jail where he was charged with threatening an officer, assaulting a peace office, resisting arrest, criminal threats , indecent exposure and vandalism. The suspect has been identified as Christopher Shawn Carter, 44, a passenger from Oregon.” (Healdsburg Police Dept. via Facebook & KRON4)
- Also the weekend — it was a big weekend! – police say a 40-year-old Healdsburg man was stabbed in the head during a fight “involving several men” at Railroad Park, along the river, near 28 Front Street, Saturday night. “When officers arrived at the scene, they located an adult male suffering from a stab wound to the head,” police said. “The suspects had fled the scene before officers arrived. The victim was taken to a local hospital by ambulance for treatment for serious, non-life threatening injuries. The investigation into this incident is still ongoing. Classes.” More from the Press Democrat: ‘There were several people visiting the park at the time and the police are still leading interviews with victims and witnesses to determine suspects and the cause of the fight, [a police spokesman] said. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Healdsburg Police Department at 707-431-3377.” (Healdsburg Police Department via Facebook & Press Democrat; paywall)
- Remember those big “design dialogues” held at CraftWork Healdsburg coworking space Last year? Well, a second round for 2022 begins tonight at 5 p.m. Last week’s Healdsburg Tribune had a front-page story about the inspiration behind the event. “Since the American Institute of Architects (AIA) came to Healdsburg” in 1982 and recommended the town pursue a path as a “tourist industry destination,” the story goes, “the town has been increasingly self-reflective, mindful of its brand in a way that goes beyond mere tourism. not just a wine destination but a design destinationwhere urban planners, architects, sustainability evangelists and lifestyle gurus come together to think about how to build in the coming decades while preserving Healdsburg’s unique attractions. And that tradition continues with three high-profile dialogues this week. The event is the brainchild of Jim Heid, the same urban planner who invented CraftWork and the sleek new 12-home River House campus on Kennedy Lane, according to the Trib. tonight, La Madrona on October 20 and Little Saint on November 14. You can find out more about them here. (Healdsburg Tribune and CraftWork Healdsburg)
Today and tomorrow in Healdsburg:
tuesday september 27
- If you’re interested – or skeptical – about new e-bike sharing program the city of Healdsburg plans to launch with bicycle and scooter company Bird, you can stop by the plaza until 12:30 p.m. today to check out their proposal. Meet the planners, take a test drive and just generally “learn more about the upcoming e-bike fleet in Healdsburg,” the city says. (City of Healdsburg via Instagram)
- Dark reminder that this is your last week to dine at Camp Fina. their last day is this Saturday. And you’ll have to drop by in person, because there’s no more takeout! (Shop Local Healdsburg via Instagram & MailChimp)
- Flights to and from Palm Springs and Sonoma County Airport will begin Nov. 11 via Avelo Airlines. (Sonoma County via Facebook)
- A family from the south of the city “deals with a big wildcat problemsaid their neighbor on Facebook. “Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation?” Naturally, a lot of talk followed… (Facebook groups)
- Also: Someone thought he spotted a cougar on a hill near Healdsburg Avenue and Grove Street yesterday morning. (next door)
- If you see the smoke coming from the southwest in the next few days, it can probably be attributed to a series of prescribed burns near Cazadero. (Democratic Press; paywall)
- The Rainsong shoe store on the square is looking for a “part-time sales associate“. (Facebook groups)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all I have for today. See you here tomorrow!
— Simone Wilson
About me: I was born and raised in Healdsburg, California, where I was the editor of Healdsburg High School Hound’s Bark. Since then, I’ve worked as a local reporter for publications in San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, and the Middle East. I am currently Senior Product Manager for Patch.